[Rdo-list] Query regarding RDO Juno-1 install on CentOS7

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Dec 31 23:04:06 UTC 2014

On 12/31/2014 09:34 AM, Deepak Shetty wrote:
> In which case RDO quickstart or some other place should have good info
> on how to disable NM and enable ifcfg networking for started who look at
> quickstart or RDO faqs to get hints

google search for 'rdo disable network manager' turned up this:
https://openstack.redhat.com/Fedora_20_with_existing_network

it's a bit more than you would need, but in there are simple steps for
disabling network manager

But I agree that having more accessible HOWTOs for this specific area
would make sense. This wiki page is Fedora specific (though the same
steps should work on CentOS 7 I believe) and doesn't cover initial
installation, only after install how to disable NM.

I believe though, that removing network manager in a kickstart based
installation of CentOS or Fedora is as simple as adding NetworkManager
to the list of blacklisted packages.

(i.e. under %packages add -NetworkManager) [1]

Perry

[1]
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Installation_Guide/s1-kickstart2-packageselection.html