[Rdo-list] Query regarding RDO Juno-1 install on CentOS7

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 13:06:31 UTC 2014

Hi,
  I was able to install 3-node RDO juno-1 (rdo-release-juno-1.noarch) over
CentOS7, but at the end of install it gave me this ...
Questions prefixed with Q: inline below:

 Additional information:
* Time synchronization installation was skipped. Please note that
unsynchronized time on server instances might be problem for some OpenStack
components.

*Q: Do i need to sue ntpd to ensure all my systems are in sync, whats the
recommended way here ?*

* Warning: NetworkManager is active on <IP1>, <IP2> and <IP3>. OpenStack
networking currently does not work on systems that have the Network Manager
service enabled.

*Q: Do i need to disable NetworkManager.service on all or is it safe to
ignore this? What exactly doesn't work with NetworkManager ?For my system
it looks like below :[root at rhsdev1 packstack]# systemctl status
NetworkManager.service NetworkManager.service - Network Manager   Loaded:
loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager.service; enabled)   Active:
active (running) since Wed 2014-12-24 23:45:56 IST; 4 days ago Main PID:
2002 (NetworkManager)[root at rhsdev1 packstack]# systemctl status
network.service network.service - LSB: Bring up/down networking   Loaded:
loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/network)   Active: failed (Result: exit-code)
since Wed 2014-12-24 23:45:57 IST; 4 days ago*

thanx,
deepak