[Rdo-list] Single Node Openstack

David Krovich David.Krovich at mail.wvu.edu
Tue Dec 23 20:56:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to learn about how to setup and configure OpenStack.

I've got a laptop that I want to use a test machine to run a single OpenStack node with instances appearing on the same network as the node itself.  I'm trying to follow the instructions from this web site.

https://openstack.redhat.com/Neutron_with_existing_external_network

I'm running Fedora 20 on this laptop.

My network range is 192.168.5.0/24.

First question, does anyone have a similar setup?  Fedora 20, single node, instances on the same network?  I can get openstack installed via packstack  and everything appears to work except that I can't seem to talk to the instances over the network.  At this point I'm stuck and could use some advise on where to look further.

Thanks.

-Dave