[Rdo-list] RDO Bug triage day tomorrow [16DEC2014]

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 09:50:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 11:06:40AM +0100, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Tomorrow (3rd Tuesday of the month) is the 'official' RDO bug triage
> day. If you have some spare cycles, please join us in helping triage
> bugs/root-cause analysis in your area of expertise. Here's some details
> to get started[1] with bug triaging.
>
> Briefly, current state[*] of RDO bugs as of today:
>
>     - NEW, ASSIGNED, ON_DEV: 205
>     - MODIFIED, POST, ON_QA: 149

After the triage day, the above numbers look like that:

    - NEW, ASSIGNED, ON_DEV: 198
    - MODIFIED, POST, ON_QA: 137

So, roughly, about 17 bugs or so are closed.

It's worth bearing in mind, the above doesn't capture everything: some
bugs need follow up/needinfo from reporters, waiting for a fix to be
reviewed by other engineers, etc. For instance, there are about 20
bugs[1] that are in NEEDINFO as I write this, that also needed some
triage analysis.

I volunteered to look at Nova bugs and tried to segregate actual Nova
bugs -- that resulted in this[2] (14 NEW bugs, 5 ASSIGNED and
in-progress). Here too, some bugs are in "NEW"  but they gone through
some debugging/testing to narrow down root cause, so that doesn't
reflect in the numbers too. You get the drift. :-)

Thanks to Alan Pevec and others, who have helped triage.

  [1] https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/rdo-bug-status/rdo-bugs-in-needinfo-state-17DEC2014.txt
  [2] https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/rdo-bug-status/nova-rdo-bugs-16DEC2014.txt
  [3] All RDO bugs as of 17DEC214 --
https://kashyapc.fedorapeople.org/virt/openstack/rdo-bug-status/rdo-bugs-in-needinfo-state-17DEC2014.txt