[Rdo-list] Neutron Problems

Patrick Laimbock patrick at laimbock.com
Sun Dec 14 13:26:50 UTC 2014

Hi Brian,

On 12/13/2014 04:14 AM, brian lee wrote:
> I am again stumped on this problem. The VMs are able to spin up but just
> do not get a IP address. All of the services are happy when I do neutron
> agent-list. Nothing is jumping out in the log files to me.
>
> Any idea's?

Seem like the DHCP part isn't working. Many similar reports can be found
in Google. Perhaps the suggestions can help. If you can't figure it out
have a look at the Neutron networking troubleshooting part here:

http://docs.openstack.org/openstack-ops/content/network_troubleshooting.html

If your network setup was incorrect to start with than troubleshooting
the DHCP issue is like entering an infinite rabbit hole :P

I haven't heard of OpenStack deployments with Foreman much. I have no
idea what the status is of that deployment method. You can always use
the RDO CentOS install guide to walk through it, compare with your
config files and verify that your settings are OK. Alternatively maybe
try Packstack?

Whatever you do, make sure you first have the network interfaces & IP
addresses on those interfaces (VLANs) figured out. AFAIK both Foreman
and Packstack use the same Puppet modules and at least Packstack assumes
a consistent interface naming across nodes.

HTH,
Patrick