[Rdo-list] Request for testing: CentOS-7-x86_64 Generic Cloud image

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Aug 28 10:01:43 UTC 2014

On 08/28/2014 10:43 AM, Kodiak Firesmith wrote:
> Has anyone proven that messing with what /etc/redhat-release returns
> will not break Puppet's Facter operations related to OS release level?
> (And maybe some of the other config managers, but I'm not familiar...)

I would appreciate feedback on this - there were some issues wth a few
projects, and we've worked with them to overcome/resolve those. By and
large, its not been a huge deal. Most people have focused on
osMajorRelease or a rpm -q centos-release, which should still return a 7

> This is a curiousity I may be able to test today.  We use Puppet's
> osmajrelease in a case statement that hands out rhel 5/6/7 specific configs.

let me know how you get on.

Regards

--
Karanbir Singh