[Rdo-list] Missing mongodb dependency in RDO repository

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 16:21:20 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 01:00:49PM +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 08/11/2014 03:41 PM, Lars Kellogg-Stedman wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > It looks like the mongodb package has been retired from EPEL 6 (and
> > EPEL 5):
> >
> >   https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-August/201542.html
> >
> > It may have been removed due to the fact that there were open
> > security bugs against the package and no active maintainer, although
> > at the moment I am not able to find documentation to confirm this.

Yeah. brandor5 from notified this on #rdo, a relevant Fedora hosted
ticket for that (although, it doesn't explicitly spell out mongodb,
probably it ended being a dependency of a dependency):

    https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/5963

(If you've already seen this, disregard me. :-) )

> > For the time being, this means that it is not possible to install
> > ceilometer under CentOS 6.5.  For now, you should set:
> >
> >   CONFIG_CEILOMETER_INSTALL=n
> >
> > In your answers file, or run packstack as:
> >
> >   packstack --os-ceilometer-install=n ...other options...
> >
> > If we can find a new maintainer for the package it will return to the
> > EPEL repositories.
>
> mongodb was removed in error from epel.
>
> This is being reinstated, though will take a little time
> due to manual steps required.

Yep, it seems to have taken effect, looking here:

    "Fedora EPEL 6   Approved"
    https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/mongodb/

--
/kashyap