[Rdo-list] Cinder with glusterfs and split brain question

Elías David elias.moreno.tec at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:31:25 UTC 2014

Hello, I would like to understand something that happened to me recently.

I have cinder configured with glusterfs and I had a volume that I couldn't
attach, after watching logs and the like I noticed that it was a split
brain situation but anyway, this is a replicated distributed volume and I
assume that in the case one brick failed cinder would be able to work out
using brick's replica.

Doesn't this work with split brain conditions? I mean, if it wasn't for the
split brain issue, cinder would've been able to use the replica when the
other brick failed?

Thanks in advance!