[Rdo-list] Ceilometer DB?

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 24 22:01:54 UTC 2014

> My understanding is that work is being done on SQLAlchemy as an
> alternative for MongoDB but at this time I don't think it is
> 'supported'.

More of a curiosity - but do you know why folks aren't working on
integrating MySQL for ceilometer?  I understand MongoDB is better at
some tasks than MySQL, but given that many (most?) folks use MySQL for
other OpenStack DBs, MongoDB is just "another thing to manage".  You know?

I'm sure there is a good reason for it, I'm just curious...