[Rdo-list] Glance problems...

Erich Weiler weiler at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:30:55 UTC 2014

> I think the issue is due to a change to enforce utf-8 encoding.
> Can you try again with the above line changed to:
>
>    CREATE DATABASE glance DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8;
>
>> And it creates the 'glance' database and only one table, "migrate_version".  I can't get it to create the rest of the tables it needs.  I've tried also:

Awesome!  Glad it's something easy.

>> openstack-db --init --service glance --password GLANCE_DBPASS
>
> openstack-db has not been updated yet to enforce the new encoding.
> That will be happening today at some stage.

Can you send a note to the list when that's done?

Also, is the code being updated here when it's released?

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/openstack-icehouse/epel-6/

Such that the fix will be pushed out with an rpm from the repository
today?  If so, I'll just resync my local repo when the fix is out.