[Rdo-list] Notes for setting up HA of OpenStack services with RDO

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Apr 22 17:41:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 08:34:58AM -0500, Ryan O'Hara wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:56:49AM +0530, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:

[. . .]

> > Please feel free to correct/comment if you see something off the mark.
>
> Need to set client/server timeouts for the qpid proxy. This should be
> no less that 60, but depends on your qpid heartbeat. 120s is probably
> a good starting point.

/me hasn't configured haproxy before, just wondering, I assume this is
section in haproxy.conf you're referring to where I set the qpid
timeout:

    [. . .]
    frontend vip-qpid
    bind 192.168.16.201:5672
    default_backend qpid-vms
    [. . .]

> I think we need to collapse some of the wiki pages. There are now 2-3
> docs describing how to use haproxy with OpenStack.

Can you please post them here if you have them handy?

> > > I'll try to make a high-level document which will include
> > > references to all the wiki pages.
> >
> > http://openstack.redhat.com/Setting-up-High-Availability
>
> OK. There is also an old(er) doc about how to do this which is
> probably obsolete.

Yeah, if you find them, it'd be useful to mark them as obsolete, just to
avoid confusion.

Thanks for the comments, Ryan.

--
/kashyap