[Rdo-list] PackStack with multiple Compute Node.

BYEONG-GI KIM kimbyeonggi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:51:47 UTC 2014

Hello.

I installed Packstack for Openstack allinone installation, and I'm now
trying to add several compute nodes using different PCs.

According to http://openstack.redhat.com/Adding_a_compute_node, the
additional Compute Nodes seems to connect with the PC what allinone has
been installed by PackStack via a LAN; Data Network and Management Network
described in the OpenStack Havana 3 node (Network Node, Compute Node, and
Controller Node) setup guide look like sharing the LAN cable.

Conceptually, two networks need to use different port. Do the additional
Compute Nodes use a LAN as a trunk port to distinguish between the
networks? Or could you explain how does the multiple connection in
PackStack work?

Thanks in advance!

Byeong-Gi Kim