[Rdo-list] havana-test-day: installation with packstack fails

Rami Vaknin rvaknin at redhat.com
Wed Sep 11 10:48:29 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 01:33 PM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> On 09/11/2013 09:30 AM, Rami Vaknin wrote:
>> I'm trying to install rdo havana on rhel 6.4, I've followed the instructions in http://openstack.redhat.com/QuickStartLatest, it seems that packstack's answer file with "CONFIG_USE_EPEL=y" on a machine without prior epel repo file does not set an epel repo well, and as a result packstack fails
> What do you mean by "not set well".

I'm using machines that were reprovisioned to rhel6.4 with epel repo.
I deleted the epel repo manually and cleaned yum cache etc (yum clean
all), then I've ran packstack with the "CONFIG_USE_EPEL=y" in order to
have epel repo created and enabled by packstack (the CONFIG_USE_EPEL's
doc string says 'To subscribe each server to EPEL enter "y"').
The results of yum commands ran by packstack indicate that yum doesn't
know epel and can't fetch packages from epel.

> Do you mean epel was already installed but disabled?
> If that's the case then I've noted it at:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/974971
>
>> Another issue I've came across - packstack tries to access a glance conf file in a stage where openstack-glance is not yet installed
>> /ERROR : Error during puppet run : err: /Stage[main]//Glance_api_config[DEFAULT/notifier_strategy]/ensure: change from absent to present failed:
>> Could not set 'present on ensure: No such file or directory - /etc/glance/glance-api.conf at /var/tmp/packstack/8da55081f3a447b1bd84d3451faaa36f/manifests/10.35.160.29_cinder.pp:43/
> I submitted https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1006816

Great, thanks!

--

Thanks,