[Rdo-list] Fwd: [rhos-dev] Intention for backporting upstream Icehouse feature to downstream Havana

Jaromir Coufal jcoufal at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 10:55:55 UTC 2013

Hello RDO community,

I am forwarding mail about backporting navigation change to RHOS 4.0. It
has huge impact on OS users, more is explained in forwarded e-mail.
Situation is, that we might not be able to get navigation into
upstream/master in very short timeframe (1-2 weeks). Question then is,
if it makes sense to include the change in RDO first and then to RHOS
(even if upstream/master might adapt it later and in a bit *different*
form), or if it should be considered only RHOS business and RDO will
adapt it once it is merged to upstream master.

My opinion is that RDO is tracking stable upstream version, so it looks
more like 'only product tweak'. But I wanted to hear also the voice of
community - what you think?

Link to navigation proposal:
https://plus.google.com/115177641540718537778/posts/EEwGmhfDbHB

Thanks