[Rdo-list] [rhos-list] LDAP integration

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu May 16 08:37:22 UTC 2013

Hi Nicolas,

Bringing the topic back to the mailing list (you're using RDO, so I
added rdo-list also).

On 05/15/2013 06:50 PM, Vogel Nicolas wrote:
> I installed Grizzly with the RDO packstack installation guide on CentOS 6.4.
> nova --version = 2.13.0
> keystone --version = 0.2.3
> If you need more information you can ask any time.

<snip>

>> On 05/07/2013 08:00 AM, Vogel Nicolas wrote:
>>> After successfully installing an « all-in-one Node » using Packstack,
>>> I want to user LDAP to manage my users.
>>>
>>> The LDAP backend isn’t available in the keystone.conf. Do I have to
>>> replace the SQL backend with the LDAP backend?
>>>
>>> Wenn I switch to LDAP, is my admin user created by Packstack usable
>>> yet or do I have to modify everything so that one of my LDAP user
>>> becomes the admin ?

I'm pretty sure that Adam Young can answer your question. AFAIK, when
you switch to the LDAP back-end for Keystone, that you will have to take
care of mapping your schema to Keystone attributes and access control.

This page seems to be pretty complete:
http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/configuring-keystone-for-ldap-backend.html

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13