[Rdo-list] securing services

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Wed Jun 19 17:10:40 UTC 2013

I'm looking at adding security to some of the system services using Red
Hat Identity Management (FreeIPA upstream). This is initially going to
be SSL for some, Kerberos for others. For a first round effort this
won't include using Kerberos to authenticate users to Keystone (a much
bigger hammer is needed for that).

I'm looking at adding SSL to Apache and Kerberos to qpid.

What about the database? I can add SSL to mysql and Kerberos to
postgres, should I support both? What is the preferred SQL database for
RHOS?

rob