[Rdo-list] [For testing] Fedora 19 (Test Compose) cloud images

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Tue Jun 18 08:23:05 UTC 2013

On 06/18/2013 11:42 AM, Sandro "red" Mathys wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Kashyap Chamarthy <kchamart at redhat.com>wrote:
>
>> Heya,
>>
>> Fedora release-engineering prepared a cloud-consumable image of F19 Test
>> Compose 5,
>>
>>     https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-TC5/Images/x86_64/
>

> Nice! Do we know what kickstart file and what version of it they are
> compiled with?

Not sure. But yes - the above directory should also contain its kickstart file it's
created with.

It should mostly be this:

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/cloud-kickstarts.git/tree/generic/fedora-19-x86_64-cloud.ks

Dennis Gilmore/Matthew Miller might confirm(CC'ed them).

[...]
> FWIW, the above two steps can also be combined into one:
>
> $ glance image-create --name fedora19-tc5 --is-public true \
>     --disk-format qcow2 --container-format bare --copy-from \
>
> https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/stage/19-TC5/Images/x86_64/Fedora-x86_64-19-TC5-20130617-sda.qcow2
>
> ...the downside being that you can't verify the checksum between
> downloading the image and pushing it into glance.

Nice, thank you.

--
/kashyap