[Rdo-list] Missing python-httplib2 package in RDO?

Pádraig Brady pbrady at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 09:48:16 UTC 2013

On 06/15/2013 03:31 PM, "François Cami" wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Steve Gordon <sgordon at redhat.com> wrote:

yes

> What about adding
> Requires: epel-release
> to rdo-release.spec?
>
> We could even put the epel-release rpm in the rdo repository to make
> things simpler.

Though a little less flexible. packstack is used to manage this dependency
at a higher level, allowing the RDO repo to be used without EPEL if desired.
Though that's not the common case. Also the edge case of avoiding EPEL is
handled with yum --disablerepo=epel ...
So this is a good suggestion and would avoid docs.
However this may involve a little packstack work to handle an EPEL repo
that was now installed by default.
I've logged https://bugzilla.redhat.com/974971 to discuss that.

thanks,
Pádraig.