[Rdo-list] [RDO] dneary started a discussion.

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Jul 19 19:42:38 UTC 2013

Hi,

No replies yet on the forum, I'll chance my luck on the mailing list...

On 07/19/2013 11:03 AM, RDO Forum wrote:
> dneary started a discussion.
>
> Neutron configuration - progress

I have, I think, made progress.

I have defined a public network (router:external=true) with no DHCP for
floating IPs, subnet 192.168.0.128/25

I have 2 VMs, on the internal subnet 10.10.0.0/24. Both have
successfully associated floating IPs (192.168.0.129, 192.168.0.130)

I created a router and set the gateway to the public network, and added
an interface for the internal network.

>From the router netns, I can ping and ssh both internal and public IP
addresses for the VMs.

>From outside the router netns, no ping, no ssh.

eth0 is attached to br-ex, which has the IP address 192.168.0.2

My LAN is 192.168.0.0/24

I would like to be able to ssh into a VM from my laptop, 192.168.0.4 on
my LAN.

The issue, apparently, is that the public network has its own network
namespace and I have no way to access it from outside.

My question: how can I resolve the issue so that floating IPs are
assigned on the same network as my LAN, so that I can SSH in to the
10.10.0.* guests?

Thanks!
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13