[Rdo-list] Fwd: RDO with Red Hat IDM

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Mon Jul 8 21:02:11 UTC 2013

On 06/14/2013 06:23 PM, Michael Solberg wrote:
> On 06/14/2013 02:40 PM, Dave Neary wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> How is IDM integration different from FreeIPA integrations?
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with FreeIPA, but I'd imagine that
> they're very similar - perhaps identical, depending on how far IdM
> lags upstream.

Fairly identical.

Upstream FreeIPA has support for cross realm trusts, which is a preetty
high demand item:  users in the corporate LDAP can authenticate against
it instead of having to have an entry in a local FreeIPA server.  One of
the most high demand items in IdM development.    I still haven't quite
figured out what the Keystone integration with this will require.  It
might mess things up if there is no user record in LDAP, but I think
that there is a lazy-load placeholder for users and group lists.