[Rdo-list] devstack on F20 (cinder: No suitable rootwrap found)

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Sun Dec 29 22:23:05 UTC 2013

It looks like devstack hasn't been completely vetted on F20 yet (when I
ran it it printed out a warning message and asked me to override w/
FORCE=yes), but I went ahead and decided to try it anyhow.

> ++ get_rootwrap_location cinder
> ++ local module=cinder
> +++ get_python_exec_prefix
> +++ is_fedora
> +++ [[ -z Fedora ]]
> +++ '[' Fedora = Fedora ']'
> +++ echo /usr/bin
> ++ echo /usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap
> + CINDER_ROOTWRAP=/usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap
> + [[ ! -x /usr/bin/cinder-rootwrap ]]
> ++ get_rootwrap_location oslo
> ++ local module=oslo
> +++ get_python_exec_prefix
> +++ is_fedora
> +++ [[ -z Fedora ]]
> +++ '[' Fedora = Fedora ']'
> +++ echo /usr/bin
> ++ echo /usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap
> + CINDER_ROOTWRAP=/usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap
> + [[ ! -x /usr/bin/oslo-rootwrap ]]
> + die 180 'No suitable rootwrap found.'
> + local exitcode=0
> + set +o xtrace
> [Call Trace]
> ./stack.sh:686:configure_cinder
> /home/admin/devstack/lib/cinder:180:die
> [ERROR] /home/admin/devstack/lib/cinder:180 No suitable rootwrap found.

I looked further up in the stack and saw some compilation errors related
to some compilation that requires libxml2-devel and libxslt-devel.

Turned out that I didn't have libxslt-devel installed on the VM I was
running this on.  Installed that, reran stack.sh and it seemed to get
further.

Should we be checking for the presence of that package and installing it
in devstack if it is not already installed?

(fwiw, I don't have a clue as to why the failed gcc compile due to
missing devel libs would result in a missing cinder rootwrap, perhaps
someone can explain?)  :)

As an aside, I also gave devstack on RHEL 6.5 a run and that seemed to
go fine as far as my cursory checking could tell (using nova networking)

Glad to see that devstack/RHEL is not falling over :)