[Rdo-list] Attempt to reproduce Getting Started with Multi-Node OpenStack RDO Havana + Gluster Backend + Neutron VLAN by Andrew Lau on F19

Pádraig Brady pbrady at redhat.com
Mon Dec 23 23:03:54 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 12:02 PM, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> Original document http://www.andrewklau.com/getting-started-with-multi-node-openstack-rdo-havana-gluster-backend-neutron/
> contains the sample of answer file. In my situation p37p1 is eth0 p4p1 is eth1 and I've tried to make a substitution in answer-file . packstack fails with error :

> Applying 192.168.1.137_neutron.pp
>                                                                                             [ ERROR ]
>
> ERROR : Error appeared during Puppet run: 192.168.1.127_neutron.pp
> Error: Validate method failed for class sleep: implicit argument passing of super from method defined by define_method() is not supported. Specify all arguments explicitly.

What are the versions of packstack and puppet on your centos and Fedora 19 systems?
They should be the same if going from a pristine setup, but if not it would
be worth trying to match the F19 versions to the working centos one.

If they are in fact the same then it must come down to different
logic in the puppet modules for Fedora and EL systems, which we'd
need to look into.

You might get more indication of the particular error in:
/var/tmp/packstack/...neutron...log

thanks,
Pádraig.