[Rdo-list] Feedback - it isn't obvious to everyone that RDO works on CentOS

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Sat Dec 7 15:49:14 UTC 2013

On 12/07/2013 09:33 AM, Matthew Farrellee wrote:
> This is just an FYI, do with it what you will.
>
> In the Savanna community, I've had to field the question "Can I use RDO
> w/o a Red Hat license?" a handful of times now.
>
> The answer is obvious to me and likely everyone else on the rdo-list,
> but apparently it isn't to everyone.

Thanks Matt for the feedback :)

One thing I noticed is that http://openstack.redhat.com/Main_Page says:

"RDO is a community of people using and deploying OpenStack on Red Hat
and Red Hat-based platforms."

That seems a little ambiguous to me.  Perhaps rephrasing as:

"RDO is a community of people using and deploying OpenStack on Red Hat
Enterprise Linux, Fedora and distributions derived from these (such as
CentOS, Scientific Linux and others)."

I think that makes it much more clear.  Rich, what do you think?

I think in general using the phrase "Red Hat based platforms" (which is
used repeatedly) might not be the best phrasing.  Since that doesn't
make it clear if we're talking about RHEL and it's clones or something
else that is more Red Hat specific.

> BTW, it looks like google "openstack + (fedora|centos|scientific linux)"
> returns an ad for RDO, so +1 there.

Cool :)