[Rdo-list] Trying out Neutron Quickstart running into issues with netns (l2 agent and dhcp agent)

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Aug 30 09:21:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 08/05/2013 07:23 PM, Brent Eagles wrote:
> I ran into these issues as well. I noticed that ovs_use_veth was
> commented out in dhcp_agent.ini and l3_agent.ini. I uncommented them and
> set them to True and restarted. The vm now has an IP address.
>
> I noticed something else peculiar though... the public network.. the one
> set as the gateway for the router has dhcp enabled. I'm not sure why we
> would do that.

That bothered me too. Adding the public network for me in a way that
worked required the following when doing subnet-create:
* --enable_dhcp False
* Matching subnet/netmask exactlky with my LAN
* Using --allocation_pool to limit floating IP allocation to IP
addresses not already in use on the LAN

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - Community Action and Impact
Ph: +33 9 50 71 55 62 / Cell: +33 6 77 01 92 13