[Rdo-list] RDO Havana + Neutron allinone success :)

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Wed Aug 14 02:43:40 UTC 2013

Just tried:

* RDO Havana (not the nightlies.  I used the stable repos)
* RHEL 6.4.z + 114.openstack.gre.2 kernel (in the RDO Havana repo)
* allinone install on a VM running on top of a Fedora host
* Neutron enabled!

And was able to successfully boot a cirros instance, and run the usual
tests (outbound connectivity, FIP access via ssh/ping)

I ran this with the base image where my host network interfaces were
managed by NetworkManager, and I didn't notice any ill effects.

The _one_ caveat is that there were selinux denials, probably having to
do with the quantum/neutron renaming.  Terry Wilson found this earlier
when he ran some tests, so I was able to run setenforce Permissive
before running the packstack install to avoid those issues

(Terry filed bugs 996773 and 996776 for these issues)

Next up, to try out Bob's GRE instructions to see if I can get a
multi-node setup running with tunneling.

Cheers,

Perry