[Rdo-list] Fedora release mixup in Havana Repo

Alan Pevec apevec at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 10:22:10 UTC 2013

> The Fedora repo for the Havana-2 packages is mixed up a bit. While the repo
> is called fedora-19, the packages in it are almost all built for F20 (i.e.
> they have fc20 in their dist tag). That's a bit worrisome, as things could
> get different enough between a F19 and F20 build host so things start
> misbehaving or failing otherwise. Is there a chance to actually build F19
> packages on F19 build hosts?

It worked between f18/f19 for Grizzly, do you see anything actually getting different between f19/f20?

> Also, since F20 packages are apparently being built, I wonder why no
> fedora-20 repo is created.

For f20 you can just use Rawhide repos for now and f20 repos, when it branches.
For Grizzly, we had fedora-19 symlink at some point but removed it to encourage usage for Rawhide instead.

> At the same time, it should be noted that Packstack is currently not
> working on un-branched F20, i.e. Rawhide. Three Puppet modules need each a
> fix, which have been sent upstream now. The rather small issue is that the
> operatingsystemrelease fact does not return an Integer as expected but the
> string "Rawhide" on such systems.

CCing Martin, Packstack maintainer to include those fixes in Rawhide builds.

Cheers,
Alan