[Rdo-list] experiences trying out RDO Havana (H2 milestone) on RHEL 6.4

Perry Myers pmyers at redhat.com
Tue Aug 6 13:52:09 UTC 2013

On 08/06/2013 07:05 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 04/08/13 16:56, Perry Myers wrote:
>>
>> So, checklist:
>>
>> * packstack in Havana needs to create demo tenant and import cirros
>>   image just like in RDO Grizzly
>> * Horizon seems to have screen refresh/updates and More button issues
>> * Need Neutron packages for Havana so that we can use Neutron in Havana
>> * Need Packstack available so that RDO Nightly users can install the
>>   nightly builds
> Perry,
>
> sadly I was unable to install via packstack for several due several
> issues, so I can not reproduce your issue.
>
> One thing I mentioned for Havana is, we require a newer version of
> python-django-compressor:
> http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//packages/python-django-compressor/1.3/2.el6/noarch/python-django-compressor-1.3-2.el6.noarch.rpm
>
> Does that change the behaviour of Horizon in your install?
> yum localinstall ... && service httpd restart

I'll try this when I get a chance, but a few questions...

If this is required for Horizon, why is it not listed with an explicit
Requires in the spec file?

If it's required for Horizon, why is the package not installed right now
when I install RDO Havana milestone 2?

If the package just hasn't hit EPEL yet, we should be carrying it in RDO
repos explicitly until it does hit EPEL

Pádraig, can you work with Matthias to resolve this?

Perry