[rdo-dev] RDO infra/TripleO-CI teams integration level on infrastructure

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 17:11:17 UTC 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Gabriele Cerami <gcerami at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> TripleO CI team had a design session yesterday on the tasks for the
> current sprint, which is addressing infra.
> There are some open questions left, because we had important roles in
> the team unavailable, and because we had to create and reprioritize some
> of the cards yesterday, due to design decisions.
> I think the questions involve the rdo infra people, especially the
> second. But in general, I'd like to understand what level of
> integration we want between the two groups regarding all the things
> related to infrastructure servers.
>
> 1) We spoke about bastion host. We forgot to create a card for it during
> planning, and yesterday we failed to agree on the scope of the task.
> Bastion host is a precise security element, with certain rules which have
> to be respected for it to be useful. The bastion host is the single
> access point to all the other servers on the infrastructure, it's the
> only one possessing a public ip, and that means that *EVERYTHING* needs

It would make more sense to me to have any of the dashboard or web servers
have a public ip but everything else locked down, even ssh if needed.
I don't think we should try to run webservices via a reverse proxy on that
bastion.

The bastion *should* be used for instances that we *do* need to log into.